Lumino Pre & Post
The modeler provides comprehensive functionality for modeling, simulating and graphically visualizing the output from the simulations.
- Modeless operation.
- Object oriented event driven architecture using interface for external API.
- Available in both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows Platforms.
- Local language support. Language dependent data is read from external resource files.
- Extremely fast operation, both for Graphics and for Loading of model and results.
- Optimum main memory requirements.
- Ability to handle models with millions of nodes both from the data and graphics perspective.
- 64 bit file addressing to support huge output database files (> 2GB).
- Support for 3GB of addressable memory on 32 Windows version.
Units of Measurement
- Ability to specify unit conversion when importing data files.
- Ability to convert the current system of units to any other system of units for both the model and results of simulations on the fly.
- User can select combination of any of the supported units.
- Stefan-Boltzmann constant and acceleration due to gravity automatically assigned based on units.
- Extensive scripting support using the “tcl” programming language.
- Nastran bulk data.
- Femap neutral files.
- Popular CAD formats Parasolid (x_t) and ACIS (sat) files.
- Result visualization formats GLView and TMG from MAYA.
- Nastran OP2 resutls file.
- Ansys neutral files. (Partially)
- In Works:
- Import support for IGES & STEP
- Direct integration with Autodesk Inventor.
- Fully modeless and event driven operation.
- Resource file driven.
- Native Windows look and feel (using Qt).
- Multiple views support..
- Multiple document support (modeling and viewing multiple models simultaneously).
- Full, multi-level undo/redo.
- Dockable toolbars and windows.
- Dynamic highlight and tracking during selection operations. Optimized to handle millions of entities. Tracking occurs in multiple windows simultaneously.
- Units of measurement displayed in dialog boxes and tooltips.
- Single view settings dialog box always active to manipulate individual views.
- Dynamic working planes for construction.
- Ability to localize picking of entities based on parts, groups and view visibility settings. At the granular level, filtering is also available based on entity types (eg. Select all noeds on a surface etc..)
- OpenGL graphics.
- 3-D dynamic pan, zoom and rotation in model views.
- 2-D dynamic pan, zoom in graph views.
- Shaded, hidden line and wire-frame display.
- Display of beams and shells with cross sections.
- Support to hide/show visibility of entities as needed based on several filters.
- Support to mark/unmark entities for further analysis of those entities only.
- Support for native windows printing with a customizable image positioning.
- Support for creating image snapshots in jpg, bmp and png formats.
- Support for multiple assemblies and parts.
- Component manager to localize the part being worked upon, from an assembly
- Commands like length, distance to decide on the size of elements generated during auto or manual meshing.
- Piecewise linear functions.
- Expression functions.
- Cartesian, cylindrical and spherical.
- User definable coordinate systems using existing coordinate systems as reference.
- Isotropic, Orthotropic (Shell and 3D) and Laminate.
- Properties can be dependent on functions.
- User extensible material library support.
- Support for multiple cases.
- Can be applied to geometry or finite element entities.
- Supported load types are forces, moments, displacements, velocities, acceleration, temperature, heat flux, pressure, convection, radiation.
- Constraint equations (multi point).
- Association maintained between geometry and the attached mesh.
- Loads can be dependent on functions.
- Can be defined in any user coordinate system.
- Supports a comprehensive element library:
- Truss and Rod
- Spring (axial and torsional stiffness and dampers)
- DOF Spring
- Gap (initial gap and friction)
- Beam (circular, rectangular and general sections, shear areas, uniform and tapered cross sections)
- Nodal mass (mass and inertia values, nodal offsets),
- Contact (between geometric regions or between geometric entities),
- Plane stress
- Plane strain
- Shell (regular and honeycomb properties,
- stress recovery locations)
- Laminate (up to 200 layers, reference
- surface location, reference temperature,
- allowable bond shear, failure checks like
- Hill, Hoffman, Tsai-wu, Max. Strain)
- Axisymmetric solid
- Rigid elements
- • Support for multiple topologies such as triangle, quad, tetra, wedge and brick.
- • Supports both linear and parabolic elements.
- • Supports non-structural mass for appropriate element types.
- Automatic detection of contact surfaces and generation of glued contact conditions. Thus
- allowing LUMINO to handle meshing and analysis of very complex assembly models.
- Automatic mesh generation of tetrahedron elements, shell elements etc., from the CAD geometry.
- Controls to automatically suppress small features.
- Supports both linear and parabolic elements.
- Supports both global and local controls.
- Supports for both parts and assemblies.
- Ability to assign different properties to different parts of the model.
- In manual mesh generation mode, all types of elements can be generated by specifying regions with corners.
- Support for creation and modification of finite element entities with no geometry associations.
- In Works:
- Generation of mid-Surface Elements.
- Control for the quality of meshing.
- Manual meshing features.
- Provision to refine meshes.
- Some geometry cleanup (If Possible, it will be done in the CAD package).
- Contact regions consisting of nodes, element faces and geometric entities.
- Contact connections between regions and geometric entities.
- Multiple layers with on/off and color trigger.
- Entities can be assigned to and deleted from different layers.
- Each entity can be put only in one layer.
- Support for multiple groups while designating a “current group”
- Provision for auto inclusion of new entities into the “current group”
- Entities can be included into multiple groups.
- Ability to hide/show groups selectively.
- Ability to localize picking of entities to groups selectively.
Support for definition of various analysis types:
- Linear static
- Linear dynamic
- Modal transient
- Modal harmonic
- Modal spectral
- steady state thermal
- transient thermal
- nonlinear static
- nonlinear dynamic
- Deformed plots.
- Filled color contours.
- Vector plots.
- Single- and multi step animations with contours.
- Capped section plane.
- Multiple cutting planes.
- Iso surfaces.
- Shear and bending moment diagrams.
- Graphs with multiple curves.
- Textual listing of nodal and elemental results.
- User preference file stores colors, graphics preferences, default units.
- User defined material libraries.
Other Work In Progress/Future
- Support for Distributed Multi Core Analysis Runs and Aggregation of Results.
- Linux and UNIX Versions.
- Solid Modeling Geometry Creation support.
- Improved support for surface to surface contact elements.
- Support for transparency in 3D plots.
- Support for Python and Visual Basic scripting.
- Web centric remote monitoring of batch analysis runs.
- Support for Material Properties (Nonlinear elastic, bi-linear and plastic, Isotropic and Kinematic hardenings, Hyper elasticity and creep).
- Vertical modules for specific industries.